Staka, the game
You play alternately. Each turn, you must first move, then take or
place. If you can not move, you stand still.
If possible, you may also swim instead of move. Then you take a piece from the bank or you place a piece from your hand on the field.
You may not both take and place in one turn! Besides your double it is not allowed to have more than three pieces in your hand.
If you don’t have any pieces and there are no pieces left in the bank? You can stop moving. For you the game is finished. If the bank is empty and all the pieces are played? The game finishes immediately. The points can be counted.
12 pieces, 2 from every colour combination, make the Starting Field.
Start your turn by moving from the piece where you are to a piece which lies next to it.
- Walking is required, but only on your own colour.
- Do not move more than one piece up. Down is always possible.
- You can not walk.
Take one piece from the bank. You may take any piece you like. Stick to the following rules:
- You need to take if you can not place a piece.
- You may not take if you have 3 pieces in your hand.
Put a piece or double on another piece or at ground level. Stick to the following rules:
- Put colour on colour. This also applies for the double.
- The piece is next to the piece on which you stand.
- Pieces must touch at least two others.
- You must place a piece if you have three pieces in your hand or the bank is empty.
- Do not place if you already took a piece in the same turn.
This is not mandatory. Swim only to and from pieces on the edge of the playing field. How high you stand does not matter but you can only swim to a piece at ground level.
A double may only be placed on your own colour. Besides your double it is not allowed to have more than three pieces in your hand.
We have hand made games for sale. For more info: contact op via mail of facebook.